Chicago Personal Injury Lawyer - Patrick Anderson
Patrick Anderson is a Chicago attorney who concentrates his practice on helping people across the United States who have been seriously injured by the recklessness or negligence of others. For over nine years, Pat has zealously represented injured people in personal injury and workers’ compensation cases. Pat specializes in handling cases involving catastrophic and complex injuries often resulting from an auto accident or a preventable tragedy on a corporation’s property.
Throughout his legal career, Pat has successfully fought and won against large corporations and insurance companies. As a result, he obtained several significant jury verdicts and settlements for his clients in insurance bad faith, wrongful death, product liability, truck accident, premises liability, and auto accident cases.
Pat is a magna cum laude graduate of Loyola University Chicago School of Law. He attended law school in the evenings while working full-time as a clerk at Healy Scanlon Law Firm, graduating first in his class. While studying at Loyola, he won awards for Academic Excellence in Illinois Litigation, Advanced Civil Procedure, Advanced Writing for Civil Litigation, and Legal Writing.
In 2006, he graduated with Honors from Lewis University in Romeoville, Illinois where he actively competed with the American Mock Trial Association and was a member of the Delta Epsilon Sigma National Catholic Honors Society.
During his time at Healy Scanlon Law Firm as a clerk and attorney, he worked closely on over 35 major jury trials and numerous other cases resulting in successful settlements for his clients and their families. He authored several monthly articles published in the Irish American News and has drafted briefs and motions at the trial court level, for the Illinois Appellate Court, and the Illinois Supreme Court. He concentrates his practice on helping people with personal injury cases.
Pat is a member of the Chicago Bar Association, the Workers Compensation Lawyers Association, the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, and the Illinois State Bar Association.
In his free time, Pat enjoys spending time with his wife and son, reading, and taking in live music. Pat also enjoys watching the Chicago Bears and Cubs.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2011
- Magna Cum Laude, Class Rank: #1
- Awards for academic excellence in Illinois Litigation, Advanced Civil Procedure, Advanced Writing for Civil Litigation, and Legal Writing
- Lewis University, Bachelor of Science in Accounting, with Honors, 2006
- State Bar of Illinois, 2011
- S. District Court for Northern District of Illinois, 2012
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Workers’ Compensation Law Section Council, 2017-2018
- Chicago Bar Association
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Named Rising Star by Super Lawyers 2016-2019
- Named Emerging Lawyer by Leading Lawyers, 2015-2019
- Co-Author, 6 Intersection Collisions, Proving Fault in Auto Accident Cases, Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education (IICLE), 2014 Ed., 2018 Ed., 2020 Ed.
- Author, Petition for Review Must Explicitly Refer to Corrected Decision of Arbitrator to Perfect Review After Correction of Clerical Error, ISBA Workers’ Compensation Law Section Newsletter, Jan. 2018
- Co-Author, Applying Rules of the Road to Interstate Trucking Cases: 5 Useful Federal Regulations, Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America Newsletter, March 2012
- Author, Irish American News
- Monsanto Roundup Litigation Involves Thousands of Injury Claims, Oct. 2019
- Summer Product Safety, Sept. 2019
- Summer Product Safety, Aug. 2019
- The Importance of Injury Lawyers in Remedying Environmental Hazards, Mar. 2019
- Intersection Collisions, Dec. 2018
- Summer Product Safety, July 2018
- ITLA President Responds to Continued Attacks on Workers’ Compensation System in Illinois, Mar. 2018
- Staying Safe This Boating Season, Aug. 2017
- Staying Safe This Boating Season, Aug. 2016
- The Role of Our Civil Justice System in Promoting Safe Products, Mar. 2015
- Personal Watercraft, Aug. 2014
- NFL Concussion Settlement Brings Traumatic Brain Injuries to the Forefront, Oct. 2013
- Social Networking: Business Implications, Nov. 2012
- Social Networking: Many Unforeseen Impacts, Oct. 2012
- Social Networking: Not as Private as You Might Think, Sept. 2012
- Staying Safe This Boating Season, May 2012
- Bayer Birth Control Litigation at Critical Stage, Mar. 2012
- Toyota and Sudden Acceleration Cases, Feb. 2012
- Toy Safety at Christmastime and Throughout the Year, Dec. 2011
- Responsibility is the Underpinning of Our Civil Justice System, May 2009